Monday, March 22, 2010

Tessa's Take on SL's Live Music Scene


Hi! Welcome to Tessa's Take, a blog all about Second Life's live music scene! Today has been an exciting day for me; I discovered an SL musician I had never heard before. Turner Harbrough was performing at the super eclectic Tantalus club. I had a few minutes and thought I would check it out...all I can say is WOW! This guy is a trained vocalist with a personality to die for. He sang everything from Josh Turner to Captain Von Trapp! His deep voice and bubbling personality thrilled the crowd! I am sure to be found at another of his shows soon!

Next stop was The Kat Rose Secret Garden featuring Lexie Luan. I had the opportunity to hear Lexie once before at The Whiskey Go Round, and was anxious to hear her do a full set. Her soulful voice and sexy delivery were definitely a crowd pleaser! Her originals were filled with real emotion and humorous anecdotes. Truly a fun listen for everyone!

I got the opportunity to speak with Lexie after her set and she suggested I follow her to Zorch Boomhaurs next show. The venue took an unusually long time to rez and the stream was having difficulties, but Zorch persevered! He gave a nice performance, singing original tunes with lyrics I wanted to have on my playlist! My favorite was called The Troof, a song that truly hit home for me, and I suspect will for many of you as well!

That's all for now, thanks for taking a peek at Tessa's Take! Until next time...Tessa1 Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment