Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tessa's Take

Hello Everyone! It's a gentle Sunday here on SL. I found myself at the reopening of The Hummingbird Cafe. When I arrived I was thrilled to see so many people I knew. Max Kleene was just taking the stage. It turns out the Hummingbird was the first show he ever did way back when. It was nice to hear the nostalgia in his voice as he sang some of the songs he sang that first day. It was a wonderful half hour. Following Max was one of the owners of The Hummingbird, DimiVan Ludwig. I had never heard him play and it was quite a treat. He sang beautifully but what touched me the most was how he talked of the old Cafe, his friends and the prospects for the new place. His love for SL music and The Hummingbird in particular were so evident in his voice, his songs and his manner. I was touched and honored to have been here. Keep an eye out for Dimi and shows at The Hummingbird, I think you will be pleased. Thanks for peeking at Tessa's Take....until next time...Tessa1 Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment